Saturday, May 31, 2008

Engagement

Well, it's official... TJ and I are engaged!!!

Here's how it happened...

TJ told me to be at his house by 7:00 dressed nice. I showed up and he had 6 dozen roses out on the table for me (so sweet). We left and headed for Scottsdale. Of course he wouldn't tell me where we were going. We pulled up to a restaurant called the Estate House. TJ dropped me off at the door and went to park. While waiting outside for TJ, the Maitre De came outside and asked if I'd be dining there. I said yes and he asked for the last name of the reservation. I said "Badger" and he looked at me with a knowing look and invited us into the restaurant. As we rounded the corner to our table, the Maitre De turned and said to me in his French accent, "You're about to see what separates the mice from the men." There was our table, covered in rose petals and candles. We sat down and TJ popped the question. Of course I said YES! We ate a delicious 6-course meal and enjoyed the ambiance of the restaurant. TJ is awesome and made the night so special and romantic!











14 comments:

Heather Miller said...

Michelle,
I know we haven't talked in a long time, but I'm sooo happy for you. Life seems to be going really well. I would love to catch up. I found your blog through tasha. Heather Miller

Unknown said...

Congrats, Congrats, Congrats!

Gina and Jon said...

Congrats!! I love you and TJ! The engagement story is totally sweet and cute, also I love the ring!

Camari said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you both. Your ring is gorgeous and I loved the engagement story! T.J. sounds like a terrific guy and I'm glad you found him!!

Kristen Lee Briggs said...

YAY MY LITTLE MICHI!! I am so happy for you! Congratualation! You're ring a beaut! Please send me an invite! When is the date?

The Rod's said...

Yea! I'm glad we got to talk! Congrats again....btw what is Amber's blog address?

Kori said...

Congrats! That is exciting. Have you guys talked about a date yet? I am happy for you.

The Badger family said...

Congrats copngrats congrats! Look at that sparkler!!!!! Wow!!!! Welcome t the family. We are all so excited for you too.

DMom said...

Congratulations! Kent and I couldn't be happier for you both.

Bethany said...

Congratulations! I'm thrilled for you both and can't wait to finally meet you in person in just a few weeks!

evelyn said...

T.J. knows how to treat a girl and roses and a beautiful ring are the best! Can't wait to see you next week!

Julie said...

Congrats!! I am so happy for you. You look truly happy. I hear that you are coming up this weekend. I am going to be down so I want to meet this T.J. of yours. Love ya!!

Kristen said...

Congratulations Michelle & TJ! It sounds like a romantic and well-planned evening. Your ring looks beautiful. Let us know the date!

Alisa Ann said...

Yay! Congratulations! Chad, Trevin and I wish you all the happiness in the world. You deserve it. I guess I missed you this weekend, but I did get to meet sweet Lola. She is quite the puppy. She apparently likes the taste of Trevin and his toys. It is so funny watching your parents (espically your Dad)and Lola. At dinner Sunday, your Mom really wanted Lola to get a pig's ear. She kept telling your Dad that if he really loved Lola, he would get her a pig's ear. It made for some fun!